This course investigates three well established sociological theories and takes an in-depth look at how to deal with difficult patients and colleagues.
The course highlights handling difficult colleagues, unprofessional behaviour, personality conflicts and workplace bullying.
You will be provided with a short presentation, followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you will pass the course, and will receive a printable certificate to place in your training records.
If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
This course aims to consider a range of ways that dental professionals can understand how communication might become confrontational and to identify aspects of confrontational responses, and the perception influences reactions for a range of challenging behaviours.
Learners will be able to:
- Manage angry responses by people.
- Maintain a respectful, assertive person in response to confrontational responses by other people.
- Give empathetic responses to approach problems.
- Build your internal coping mechanisms.
The learner understands:
- Unacceptable behaviour.
- How to respond assertively offering reasonable help and support, whilst knowing where to draw the line.