This course provides an understanding of the various wash processes completed in the wash area. Covering prewash, manual wash and automated water disinfectors. Also, an understanding into water types and detergents.
You will be provided with a short presentation, followed by an assessment.
If you achieve 80% or more, you will pass the course, and will receive a printable certificate to place in your training records.
If you do not pass, you will have the opportunity to review the content and retake the assessment when you feel confident.
This course will provide learners with a full understanding of the different wash options are available and why they are used depending on manufactures instructions.
Learners will be able to;
- Recognise different areas of decontamination in a hospital.
- Understand the cleaning process for medical instruments.
- Understand types of water.
- Understand types of water impurities.
- Understand water treatment – Reverse Osmosis.
- Learn details on Detergents.
- Learn about pre-wash options.
- Learn about main wash options.
- Learn about manual wash methods.
The learner understands:
- The different areas of decontamination in a hospital.
- Different types of water, water treatments and detergents.
- To refer to manufacturer’s IFU to confirm the required methods.
- Details about pre-wash options.
- Details about main wash options and manual wash methods.